[cfe-dev] clang-cl issue with MSVC's safeint.h and cast-to-self prvalue-ness

Stephan Bergmann via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 10 00:27:27 PDT 2017

On 04/07/2017 05:57 PM, Reid Kleckner wrote:
> This bug appears to be fixed in the Win 10.0.10586.0 SDK:
>
>             if( LargeIntRegMultiply< unsigned __int64, unsigned __int64,
>     E >::
>                 RegMultiply( (unsigned __int64)a1, (unsigned __int64)b1,
>     tmp ) == SafeIntNoError )
>

> From the blog posts I see about safeint, it sounds like it's supposed to
> be a portable to many platforms and compilers, so I think we can rely on
> Microsoft to keep fixing bugs in this header.
>
> Is there a reason LibreOffice uses the 10240 SDK?

Ah, great.  Thank you for checking with a later SDK.

There's probably no deeper reason why LibreOffice ended up using that
specific SDK version for me.  (The code we use to configure paths for
the various MSVC stuff is a bit "magic", and maybe that version was all
that happened to be available on the machine I tested with.  I'll have a
look.)