[cfe-dev] [GSoC] Question about the name of a new flag

Yuka Takahashi via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Apr 1 10:13:37 PDT 2017

Hello,

My name is Yuka Takahashi and I'm currently working on bash autocompletion
GSoC project.
This is my proposal [1] and I am planning to make a new flag (I had named
"-autocomplete") to handle clang completions.
This flag is internal use only, and I would like to ask you what should be
the name of the flag.

Below is the simple description of how -autocompletion flag works for
completion (quoted from my proposal):

In this project, the command-line option named “-autocompletion” will be
added to clang, and make bash use this flag when autocompleting. When user
pushes [tab] in bash, bash will execute “clang
whatsoever[tab]-autocompletion” and prints the completion result for
“whatsoever”.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rlo0RFGsF_UCBhZBV-63spdWq9PR9NmBApdMGSaHLCU/edit?usp=sharing

Regards,