[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] improving test-suite`s FP subtests to be able to compare both exact-match outputs and more-optimized builds that may have different outputs due to FP optimizations

Abe Skolnik via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 29 15:59:46 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I would like some help, please, with implementing Hal`s excellent suggestion, which I have
reworded as below.  Hal has confirmed a previous version of my rewording as a correct
interpretation.  [I made minor changes since then, e.g. for grammar.]

[Hal wrote:]

> Correct.

As of now, I do not understand how to make a single directory and its contained source code
compile to more than one program and trigger more than one test run.  I think I understand
Makefiles well enough to make that happen, but I`m pretty sure I _don`t_ understand either {
[1] CMake in general or [2] test-suite`s use of it specifically } well enough to do this
without any help.  Maybe the "solution" is to have new directories with symlinks to the
existing source code?

The help in question could be as minimal as "look here" with a Web link, if the link in
question would guide me towards enlightenment.  ;-)

Regards,

Abe