[cfe-dev] How clang from packages is build?

Sylvestre Ledru via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 22 00:51:09 PDT 2016

Le 22/09/2016 à 03:33, Mehdi Amini a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering the same thing recently and Hans pointed me to llvm/utils/release.
>
> It turns out we’re not using LTO :(
> (Neither PGO…)
In the Debian/Ubuntu packages (and this is general to packaging), we are:
* relying on the build system of the application itself
* adding some flags like "-g -O2" and the fortify options https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening

For the linker, for the LLVM toolchain, it depends if the version of binutils in the distro has it or not (at least 2.23.1-1~exp3).
Here, for the Debian & Ubuntu packages, I am using binutils gold but not sure the LTO option is set to the llvm build system?!

However, happy to try that (I think this should be part of the build system, at least for LTO).

Sylvestre