[cfe-dev] 回复:Re: Will clang 4.0 support the new LLVM Exception Handleing instructions ?

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 6 21:37:23 PDT 2016

----- 原始邮件 -----
发件人:David Majnemer <david.majnemer at gmail.com>
收件人:bluedream_zqs at sina.com
抄送人:cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>
主题:Re: [cfe-dev] Will clang 4.0 support the new LLVM Exception Handleing instructions ?
日期:2016年09月07日 12点29分

Do we have any plan to make the new eh instructions as the default implementation for all platforms ?

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 6:49 PM, via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
 LLVM support new eh instructions.(http://llvm.org/docs/ExceptionHandling.html#new-exception-handling-instructions) Clang still use the old landingpad inst to support the C++ exceptions. Do we have any plan to enable the support of the new exception instructions ?

Clang already supports the new C++ exception handling instructions, it uses them exclusively to implement MSVC compatible exception handling.  The landingpad scheme is retained because it provides a degree of flexibility (and thus optimization opportunities) which isn't available in the new instructions.
Thank you.

cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org