[cfe-dev] Using the '.preinit' sections

Martin J. O'Riordan via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 5 03:16:15 PDT 2016

The LLVM back-ends support emitting entries for the pre-initialisation array
with names of the form '.preinit.#' where '#' is a ranking value between '0'
and '65535'.

However, I don't know how to define a function in C or C++ so that this
special section is used and the ranking specified.  I assume that there is a
'#pragma' or an attribute for this, but I haven't found it.  Similarly the
'.init' sections.

How can I define these functions without using an explicit
'__attribute__((section(".preinit.333")))' or similar?

Thanks,  MartinO