[cfe-dev] Debian packages for clang are missing files

Stephen Kelly via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 1 10:06:04 PDT 2016

Hello,

When the libclang-4.0-dev package from

 http://llvm.org/apt/xenial

repository (or any clang package from the official ubuntu repos) is
installed, it does not provide the ClangConfig.cmake and related files.

You can see in

 https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/blob/master/cmake/modules/CMakeLists.txt

that there is an install rule for the ClangConfig.cmake file.

Can someone shed light on why this is so and whether it can be fixed? I
emailed Sylvestre Ledru in the middle of June and I got no response. Is he
the one maintaining the packages, or is there someone else?

Thanks,

Steve.