[cfe-dev] objc protocol: invalid pointer in property of protocol list inside binary with gnustep runtime (with lto)

David Chisnall via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 11 05:08:04 PDT 2016

On 11 Oct 2016, at 13:02, Perevalov Alexey <Alexey.Perevalov at hotmail.com> wrote:

> -fobjc-runtime=gnustep

It’s probably worth specifying a version, otherwise it will default to the most compatible version.  For ARM, you’ll probably want to use -fobjc-runtime=gnustep-1.8.  Let me know if that makes a difference.

Does this only occur when you’re using LTO?  I seem to recall that we were not emitting sufficient alignment information on some of the structs, which occasionally meant that the linker would align them incorrectly, but I thought that was fixed...

David