[cfe-dev] 经过一些思考,我想,如果clang和llvm能提供多语言支持的话,必定会扩大其影响力.使计算机程序和代码世界变得更多彩更丰富和更多可能性./After some reflection, I think that if clang and llvm can provide multi-language support, it will certainly expand its influence to make computer programs and code the world more colorful and more possibilities

mats petersson via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 4 11:00:11 PDT 2016

So, I'm not going to try to use google translate to make this into Chinese,
because I don't think it will help much, but I'd like to clarify what
exactly it is you want to achieve:

1. Implement C (or C++) in Chinese?
2. Allow programs written for the Chinese market to be developed in LLVM &
Clang?
3. Something else?

Option 1 seems a little meaningless to me, as there are only a handful of
keywords in C, and a few more in C++ to learn. Yes, there is also a large
amount of C and C++ libraries that go together with the compiler, but these
are not (in general) the task of Clang directly. I would also argue that
this is NOT a good way to go. Programming is very much an international
activity, and although there are probably more people that natively speak &
write Chinese than any other language in the world, outside of those with
Chinese as a native language, the Chinese language is not well known, where
English is a reasonably workable language in many parts of the world,
whether the native language is Chinese, German, Korean, French, Russian or
Arabic. A program written in Chinese would be completely unreadable by me
and I would guess about 90% of the subscribers of this mailing list.

Option 2 should already work. If there is a specific issue that doesn't
work, that should be reported as a bug.

Option 3 - please clarify what it is you want to achieve...

I would also suggest that for someone wishing to work as a software
developer for a large international company or a company trading on the
international market, being able to communicate in English is almost
certainly a great benefit to the career prospects, if not fully required. I
say this as a person whose first language is NOT English. Note that there
has been programming languages in "other than English", but they tend to
not become very popular, for the reason I described above: Not many outside
of the native language region are able to use that language. Yes, Chinese
is a much bigger language than French of German, for example, but it's
still not used by most other countries in general communication, which is
the key point: software is an international business, it is an
international community, and using one human language for communications
with the community makes the group understand each other, re-use each
others solutions and being able to help each other.

--
Mats