[cfe-dev] clang 3.9 installation

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 14 06:52:39 PST 2016

Hi Hinton,

Will check and revert back.

Thanks,
Chandini

From: don hinton [mailto:hintonda at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2016 8:07 PM
To: Chandini Sainu (GIS) <chandini.sainu at wipro.com>; sepavloff at gmail.com
Cc: cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org; Suryakanta Sahoo (GIS) <suryakanta.sahoo at wipro.com>
Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] clang 3.9 installation

** This mail has been sent from an external source **
The problem is sudo.

Once you run sudo, you are root and have a completely different environment. My guess is that the newer version of gcc is installed in a non-standard location. If that's the case, you may need a few more options.

Try running cmake and make without sudo, then, if needed, run "sudo make install" to actually do the installation step.

hth...
don