[cfe-dev] [RFC] New ClangDebuggerSupport Library

Keno Fischer via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 9 18:53:12 PST 2016

> The first bit of functionality that I would like to build up into the
> ClangDebuggerSupport library is materialization of Clang AST types from
> DWARF. To support this development I intend to add a new tool in Clang that
> reads DWARF types, generates a Clang AST, and prints the AST. I will also
> add DWARF support to obj2yaml and yaml2obj, so we will be able to write
> YAML LIT tests for the functionality.

I'd be happy to see this. I have C/C++ support in the julia debugger, but
it relies on re-parsing the headers from source, instead of reconstructing
things from DWARF. I don't care enough to actually split the DWARF->AST
functionality out of LLDB myself, but I'd be happy to use it and
collaborate it it's packaged in a reasonably reusable way.