[cfe-dev] Odd behaviour with '-save-temps' and OpenCL files

Martin J. O'Riordan via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 7 04:57:36 PST 2016

When the source is a C file, the pre-processed file has the extension ‘.i’, and when it is a C++ file the pre-processed file has the extension ‘.ii’.  Perhaps CL files need a 3rd convention for naming the pre-processed file, and eventually something similar if the FORTRAN front-end is available?  I don’t compile CUDA files, and they may have a similar problem.

Even passing ‘-x cl -c -save-temps’ does not solve it, so the knowledge that it is an OpenCL source appears to be lost.

            MartinO