[cfe-dev] [OpenCL] Representing kernel attributes by LLVM target-dependent attribute-value pairs instead of metadata

Liu, Yaxun (Sam) via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 11 10:17:50 PDT 2016

Hi Anastasia,

Target-dependent attribute-value pair is not limited to one target. It is just a pair of strings attached to a function. It can be used by different targets as far as they accept a commonly agreed attribute name.

The function metadata also requires a commonly agreed attribute name. In this aspect it is similar to target-dependent attribute-value pair. However it may be more difficult to manipulate.

Stas, any comments on this?

Thanks.

Sam