[cfe-dev] Failure to rewrite code using clang plugin

Pablo Oliva via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 3 08:08:55 PDT 2016

Ok, now I see that I didn't make myself clear.

What I want to do is to modify the source code (using a plugin) during
compilation, and then proceed with the compilation of the modified source
code. Is this possible?

The tool that you linked me to, while very interesting, is a stand alone
tool, and cannot be used (at least, not that I know of) as a compilation
stage.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Pablo

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 4:35 AM, Miklos Vajna via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 05:48:13PM -0300, Pablo Oliva via cfe-dev <
> cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> > Is Rewriter unusable unless it is used
> > as a plugin?
>
> I don't think so, here is e.g. a clang::Rewriter that is not part of LLVM
> and
> is not a plugin, but is based on libtooling:
>

> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=dev-tools.git;a=blob;f=clang/rename.cxx;hb=HEAD
>
> Regards,
>
> Miklos

*______________________________ <http://www.tallertechnologies.com>Pablo
Miguel OlivaSoftware EngineerSan Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5Córdoba,
Argentina Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211Skype: pabloliva87*
*Linkedin: ar.linkedin.com/in/pablomigueloliva
<http://ar.linkedin.com/in/pablomigueloliva>*