[cfe-dev] GSoC proposal - Finding and analysing copy-pasted code with clang

Vassil Vassilev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 24 06:59:34 PDT 2016

Hi all,
   I just want to resend a few things from our internal discussion here
for the record. I will summarize them:
   * Raphael contacted me early (1-2 months before GSoC started) to
express his interest in the copy-paste project. He wanted to continue
the development of our prototype (done by Kirill in GSoC 2015).
   * Raphael learned from Kirill and me the current state of the project
and the current implementation deficiencies (this section of his
proposal includes our feedback).
   * Raphael started playing with the implementation early and had a few
good ideas how to further improve the code-clone hashing.
   * Raphael also proposed to try to feed back as much as possible to
clang's mainline (something that we didn't have time to do last year).
   * Raphael has good experience with relevant projects such as his work
on WebAssembly.

   If you are interested in more technical details please let us know.

   I find this proposal very reasonable and the candidacy very strong.
 From the CV and the proposal I think the candidate can do what he are
suggests and I'd be happy to mentor him. I'd be happy to hear Anna's
comments on his proposal.
--Vassil