[cfe-dev] Visual Studio visualizer improvements for Clang

Paul Smith via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 16 10:18:34 PDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-16 at 10:14 -0700, David Blaikie via cfe-dev wrote:
> FWIW, GDB has a visualizer system in python - I wrote up some
> visualizers for SmallVector, etc, but I couldn't find a way to plug
> them in for free into GDB (everything required some reconfiguration
> of GDB to point to a script directory or the like). I might check
> them in anyway with a README telling people how to set them up if
> they want to.

That's the way GCC does it for libstdc++; the Python pretty-printer
macros are shipped with GCC and installed as part of installing the
compiler (IIRC), and it's up to the person putting together their
environment to DTRT, which usually involves adding a source line to
their .gdbinit file or whatever.