[cfe-dev] [RFC][OpenMP][CUDA] Unified Offloading Support in Clang Driver

C Bergström via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 15 00:25:18 PDT 2016

Afaik - The way that each vendor *embeds* is a little different and
non-conflicting. (AMD vs NV vs Intel) Embedding for each vendor in a
single object may work. Wouldn't this achieve the desired goal without
the bundling? Bundling is a non-solution - it's just delays dealing
with the offload target code, at which point you have to extract and
jump around to make sure it all magically works (fragile - This side
up)

With embedding approach we have all the pieces to at least read/embed
- it's just dealing with elf/macho/pxe objects and data sections.

Also there's the question of how to deal with shared libraries - Even
if initially it's not a concern, eventually someone will request it.
If this isn't ever going to be supported or a concern it's not valid
of course..