[cfe-dev] Unable to install clang libc++abi

Salil Wadnerkar via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 24 23:02:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am building clang and libc++abi from sources on Fedora.

My llvm, clang and libc++ installation is complete. However, when I try to
build libc++abi, I get this error:

swadnerkar at localhost:~/llvm/projects/libcxxabi/build (master %) $ CC=clang
CXX=clang++ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:35 (add_llvm_external_project):
  Unknown CMake command "add_llvm_external_project".

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.5)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be
lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

See also
"/home/swadnerkar/llvm/projects/libcxxabi/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

The LLVM Cmake modules are installed here:
/usr/local/lib/cmake/llvm/LLVMExternalProjectUtils.cmake

How do I make cmake use these
I tried this:
export CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/usr/local/

But, it did not work.

Could someone help me install libc++abi, please?

Thank you
Salil