[cfe-dev] Clang should natively support fortran

C Bergström via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 22 14:54:09 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 5:06 AM, Yuri via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> FreeBSD switched to clang as a major compiler, but all fortran parts still
> require gcc. Since C++ code built with gcc and clang can't be mixed, C++
> projects requiring fortran generally don't work in FreeBSD now (mostly math
> software).
>
> Is clang going to support fortran?

Sorry to troll your post, but who on earth uses FreeBSD+Fortran? As a
person who works on a Fortran compiler almost every day I'm actually
asking. I suspect FreeBSD could remove support for Fortran and it
wouldn't even get noticed.

Completely ignoring performance, I don't know *anyone* (iXsystems?)
shipping an HPC oriented solution with FreeBSD as the OS.