[cfe-dev] Failure building x86_64-w64-mingw32 triplet of clang on Windows

Edward Diener via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 15 07:01:37 PDT 2016

On 6/15/2016 9:26 AM, Ismail Donmez via cfe-dev wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Edward Diener via cfe-dev
> <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> On 6/15/2016 2:25 AM, Yaron Keren via cfe-dev wrote:
>>>
>>> clang calls CMake find_package(libxml2) to find libxml2.
>
> You need to work on your grep skills :)
>
> tools/clang/CMakeLists.txt
> 171:find_package(LibXml2 2.5.3 QUIET)
> 172:if (LIBXML2_FOUND)

Thanks I found it also just searching for 'libxml2' with case being
ignored in all the .txt files in clang.

Evidently CMake cannot distinguish between finding a package that
corresponds to the compiler 32-bit or 64-bit build that you are doing.
This surprises me as it says that if I have a 32-bit version of a
package and I am doing a 64-bit build, or vice-versa, CMake will act as
if it has found the package even when the package cannot work with the
build. I do not see this as correct behavior for a build system.