[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] GitHub anyone?

Brian M. Rzycki via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 1 11:57:44 PDT 2016

+1 from me. Our company has very restrictive firewalls and the proxy setup
doesn't work with SVN and http. We have to use special machines in a DMZ
when we push changes to SVN.

To mitigate this we are able to use the individual git repos but that poses
problems for regression testing when we attempt to use git bisect. We
either have to try and find a "next nearest" commit for clang, compiler-rt,
etc or use the unified repository llvm-project on github already.

Lastly, it's non-trivial from only the Git repos to reconstruct the code
that goes into a released compiler. I'd hope with this new submodule layout
it'd be as simple as git branch llvm-3.10-release and cmake.