[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] AArch64 testsuite buildbots timeout

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 15 12:50:17 PDT 2016

On 15 Jul 2016 8:36 p.m., "Bill Seurer via llvm-dev" <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 07/14/16 08:50, Diana Picus via llvm-dev wrote:
>>
>> Some of our AArch64 bots have started timing out while compiling
>> SingleSource/UnitTests/Vector/AArch64/aarch64_neon_intrinsics.
>>
>> On clang-cmake-aarch64-quick the failure first appears between r275337
>> and r275351, and on clang-cmake-aarch64-full it appears after r275352,
>> so there's isn't a clear culprit for this. I suspect we have been
>> slowly approaching that threshold for a while.
>>
>> Both Renato and I are currently travelling, so we can't investigate
>> this until Monday. I can't really think of any temporary solution
>> other than bumping the timeout threshold, but IIUC that would affect
>> all the bots.
>

> I have a couple of powerpc bots that on occasion time out as well.  It
doesn't happen very often and I have been trying to tweak things to avoid
it but it is still an ongoing issue.

> At least a few of the factories have the ability to override the timeout
setting on a per-slave basis.  See the SanitizerBuildFactory and
LLVMCMakeBuildFactory factories for instance.  Perhaps it is time to add
this to all (or at least more) of the factories.

It'd also be interesting to know why we're slower on that range. I wouldn't
like to make it easier for people to tune the timeout, or we'll end up
regressing on compile time too much without noticing.

Cheers,
Renato