[cfe-dev] AArch64 testsuite buildbots timeout

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 14 07:10:35 PDT 2016

On 14 July 2016 at 14:57, Tim Northover via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> We could split the file in half? Maybe a script based on int/float
> would be roughly half and at least slightly principled.

That's another idea. Though, at the same time, Tramp3D-v4 is *also*
timing out, and only when building all tests on all cores, but not
when building it alone.

This could be a recent point change, but we're not tracking build time
individually. Though, if you see the total build time on:

http://llvm.org/perf/db_default/v4/nts/machine/46

Until build 275348, it was ~4h50, then jumped to ~5h10, which points
at some commit in that range that made compilation time much worse.

On the x86_64 board, it also seem to have jumped:

http://llvm.org/perf/db_default/v4/nts/machine/47

275310 was ~5h20 and 275356 was 5h55.

This could be affecting many tests, but tramp3d and unit tests more,
or just those, but it seems to be target independent.

The ARM builder hasn't got there yet, due to another bug adding a
build failure, but I expect to see the same problems...

cheers,
--renato