[cfe-dev] Idea for better invoking static analysis via command line

<Alexander G. Riccio> via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 29 19:04:17 PST 2016

As mentioned by myself, Aaron Ballman, and Philip Reames, in a reply to
"Proposal: Integrate static analysis test suites", the fact that static
analysis generates a totally different set of warnings than compilation
(not a superset), is surprising to some.

One possibility, in order to preserve the current behavior for any tools
that rely on this, is to add an option to clang, something like
"-enable-analyze-pass" that the user can specify to run analysis AND
compilation.

Thoughts?

Sincerely,
Alexander Riccio
--
"Change the world or go home."
about.me/ariccio

<http://about.me/ariccio>
If left to my own devices, I will build more.
⁂