[cfe-dev] LibC++ v3.8 - Problems with ISO C wrapper headers

Martin J. O'Riordan via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 25 02:07:55 PST 2016

Couldn't agree more, and when 'explicit' was been added for constructors with a single argument, I argued at the time that it should also apply to overloaded conversion operators for the same reason that 'explicit' was added to constructors.  It was not approved in C++98, but thankfully it was added later.  I personally detest implicit conversions because of the number of subtle bugs they introduce.

	MartinO