[cfe-dev] LibC++ v3.8 - Problems with ISO C wrapper headers

Howard Hinnant via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jan 23 16:34:43 PST 2016

One thing seems crystal clear to me:  Different people have interpreted these words in different ways.  Different enough to have testable semantic differences.  And such differences are not good for providing portability to the C++ programmer.  This looks like an issue that should be decided by the C++ committee in an official vote.

Someone should open a LWG issue.  It isn’t going to be me.  Myself nor my employer use the <name.h> headers, so I am not sufficiently motivated.  But if anyone is motivated, and not sure how to open an issue, I’m happy to help with those logistics.

Howard