[cfe-dev] Can I update Clang static analyzer without linking Clang?

David Blaikie via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 7 08:36:34 PST 2016

You can set the LLVM build to use dynamic libraries instead of static ones,
which might help with link times (but for most developers this tends to be
a loss, since the dynamically linked llvm/clang/etc run so much slower that
the time saved in linking is spent (and some extra) when running the tests
(lots of small invocations of these programs with many dynamic libraries
slows things down))