[cfe-dev] Using Clang to compile LLVM against gcc 5.3's libstdc++ fails

Keno Fischer via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 3 07:23:19 PST 2016

I'm attempting to use clang (trunk) to compile LLVM for mingw-w64 (with gcc
5.3.0 and corresponding standard library).

Clang spits out the following error while g++ accepts it fine (though gcc 5
is known to miscompile LLVM on mingw, which is why I'm attempting to use
clang in the first pace): https://gist.github.com/Keno/519b707c0caf8ed915d3.

Is this something that clang should be accepting but doesn't for some
reason, or is there a bug in libstdc++ that gcc is just not complaining
about? I also tried dropping in gcc trunk's header, but that doesn't seem
to have made a difference?