[cfe-dev] Found Bug in 3.8RC2 - clang_reparseTranslationUnit with PrecompiledPreamble

Dan Walmsley via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 28 04:55:33 PST 2016

Hi all,
I've found a problem with libclang 3.8RC2
I checked and libclang 3.7 does not have this problem.
I get assertion failed:
src\llvm_package_3.8.0-rc2\llvm\tool...\ASTWriter.cpp Line 4975

Expression 0 && "New decl seen after serializing all the decls to emit!"
I'm trying to integrate this into a new IDE and would be grateful if anyone that's familiar with this part of libclang could help debug.
Its happening when I'm parsing a complex project so its hard to reproduce, but I'm prepared to do what ever it takes to help you guys fix this, so get in touch.
Kind Regards
Dan