[cfe-dev] Help needed finding out where sema diagnoses deprecated special functions

Nikola Smiljanic via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 01:47:02 PST 2016

I can't give you concrete answer but here's a hint or two that might help.

When debugging, are you passing -cc1 to the process. If not you're invoking
the driver and it never executes Sema code, it starts a new process to get
actual compilation done.
I guess you know about diagnostic text being inside .td files. Sometimes
it's hard to find the identifier for a specific diagnostic because the text
in .td file is not identical to diagnostic that's emitted. I put a
breakpoint in DiagnosticBuilder::Emit whenever I have trouble finding the
exact place where diagnostic is being emitted from.
I'd be very surprised if the logic for detecting this issue is far from
code that emits the diagnostic. Just follow the condition.