[cfe-dev] RFC: default to -Werror=format-security

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 16 11:29:20 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:01 AM, David Blaikie via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> What other warnings do we default to error? Do we seem to have any
> (defacto or explicit) guideline for deciding?

My feeling is that we shouldn't do this in upstream clang. The vast
majority of our default-error warnings are actually checks for invalid code
that we want to be able to accept in system headers. To my knowledge, none
of our existing default-error warnings fire on well-formed code, which this
is.

I think it's totally reasonable for vendors to want to make this default to
an error, though. :)