[cfe-dev] cfe patch sending question

Mika Laitio via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 28 09:36:01 PST 2016

Hi

I am new on the cfe mailing list and have one quesion about patch sending.

I checked the patch sending instructions from
http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html
which say that I should send patches as an attachment to commit mailing
list.

But when I looked to patches in cfe-commits archive, all patch messages
in there looks like an autogenerated. They seems to have some number
assigned in tittle and are pointing either to https://reviews.llvm.org
or to some revision in http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?rev=xxxx

So should I use some webpages/tools for sending my patch or
is it still ok to send patch as  an attachment without having any
autogenerated number on subject?

Mika