[cfe-dev] API/ABI changes analysis reports for libc++

Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 2 22:49:06 PST 2016

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the links! They look amazing. I'll have to look into the tools
used to generate them.

> The report on API/ABI changes in the latest releases of libc++

Pedantically this just seems to report ABI changes, not non-ABI breaking
API changes.

Do you have results for ToT libc++ (which contains a bunch of ABI changes)?
Detecting ABI breaking changes in libc++ is very important, and ideally
should be done per-commit.
Currently we have very primitive ABI checking using the export list
provided by `nm` or `objdump`, but I'm interested
in using these tools as well.

/Eric