[cfe-dev] Does clang now emit [abi:cxx11] unconditionally when used with libstdc++?

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 15 11:37:18 PDT 2016

On 15 August 2016 at 15:58, Maria Gottschalk via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> So, is it correct that clang-3.9.0 unconditionally compiles for the new abi? That gcc 4.x.y is no longer usable and that you must have gcc 5+ if you want to use libstdc++?

Oh bother! Adding Dmitry, as he wrote the code [1].

I was under the impression that, if you didn't use the tag, nothing
would have changed.

We don't have many compile-time options like GCC, so this would have
to be a run-time option, if needed.

cheers,
--renato

[1] https://reviews.llvm.org/D18035 and https://reviews.llvm.org/D17567