[cfe-dev] Dealing with parse errors with Python bindings of libclang

Ethan Smith via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 8 10:36:35 PDT 2016

First off, thanks for the awesome library!

I am using the Python bindings of libclang. I am trying to use it to parse
really any c/c++ library for code generation, however, as an example, I
tried to bind libui (https://github.com/andlabs/libui). However, when I try
to index.parse after setting up a clang index, I get a
TranslationUnitLoadError. Since this returns a null pointer, I can't figure
out what went wrong. Is there a way to tell what is causing the parser to
fail? I also tried to pass 0x200 ( CXTranslationUnit_KeepGoing) as an
option, which should, as I understand it, tell the parser to continue on
fail, it has no effect. How can I get some useful information to tell me
what I need to do to fix the parser error? For the record, the library
compiles fine with clang itself.

Could I expose more useful info from the c libclang? I suppose I'm not
opposed to writing my own bindings.

Thanks!

Ethan