[cfe-dev] Two pass analysis framework: AST merging approach

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 9 02:09:43 PDT 2016

Tweaking the current search algorithm is a good thing to try, but it's
clearly a matter of experiment a lot more than rational thinking. In
fact, i've no idea why exactly are we doing depth-first nowadays, but as
far as i remember it was much worse when we tried breadth-first.

It seems that because most path-sensitive bugs manifest themselves on a
huge number of different paths, the approach that tries to take at least
one of those paths [before hitting some limit] turns out to be superior.