[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] Fwd: Raising CMake minimum version to 3.4.3

Chuck Atkins via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 27 12:26:15 PDT 2016

> Is CMake like Linux that the even releases are stable and odd are
> experimental (or vice versa)?

Nope.  All releases are considered stable and we generalyl have a pretty
long RC cyle, frequently going through 4, 5, or sometimes 6 RC candidates
to find regressions before a minor version release.  And AFAIK the kernel
dropped the whole even=stable odd=testing scheme long ago.

Of course we're always happy to have more testers in an RC cycle :-)