[cfe-dev] Raising CMake minimum version to 3.4.3

James Y Knight via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 26 15:42:14 PDT 2016

+1. Cmake is completely trivial to install yourself. You don't even need to
install it, even, you can just run it from the build directory. IMO, if
there's any reason why a newer version would be useful, it's totally worth
just requiring an upgrade instead of spending time trying to overcome
limitations of the old version.

Perhaps the buildbots could just ensure that a recent cmake is built, as
the first build step, to avoid having to coordinate with all the bot
maintainers.