[cfe-dev] case-insensitive #include warning

Bruno Cardoso Lopes via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 19 17:22:09 PDT 2016

Hi Eric,

I measured it locally and it doesn't seem to introduce any significant
compile time slowdown. Ideally this should be guarded by a flag so
that we can avoid any potential compile time issue; although there's a
flag declaration in the patch, I don't see it getting used to guard
the warning.

The patch is definitely interesting. I would like to measure it once
more after it gets properly reviewed though.
Can you upload your patches to http://reviews.llvm.org? Please add me
as a reviewer.

Please leave the trailing space / cosmetic fixes out of the patch, it
becomes much easier to review.

Thanks,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Eric Niebler via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> On 4/14/16, 1:14 PM, "Eric Niebler" <eniebler at fb.com> wrote:

>>>Thanks for the suggestion, Chris. Looks like I've regressed the speed of the preprocessor by 25%. Yikes. I'll see what I can do.
>>>
>>>Eric
>>

>>I have reimplemented this feature with an eye to performance. I now have it down to 2-3% perf regression in the preprocessor, which I hope is acceptable. I have benchmarked perf on MacOS (with Cocoa.h), Linux (with all of Boost.Spirit), and Windows (with Windows.h). For the record, Windows.h is terrible about properly casing its #includes. :-)
>>
>>Incorrectly cased #includes are diagnosed on MacOS, Windows, and on Linux (for case-insensitive file systems). They are even diagnosed in Cygwin. They will not be diagnosed on *nix-like systems that don't have either F_GETPATH (like MacOS) or a mounted /proc filesystem.
>>
>>Comments welcome.
>>
>>Eric
>>

> Any thoughts about this patch? Are folks here still interested? (Sending updated patch with --ignore-space-change.)
>
> \e

Bruno Cardoso Lopes
http://www.brunocardoso.cc