[cfe-dev] Swift Test Suite

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 14 08:03:41 PDT 2016

Folks,

I'm glad we're getting all the Swift support upstream, but I worry how
can we make sure it works for real applications after the initial
support is in. I'm sure you guys have your own internal builders, but
I think it would be interesting in having some more substantial tests
in the test-suite.

Are there plans to do that at all? Or are we just going to rely on
Clang tests for now? Are there any pitfalls we'll encounter by using a
GNU toolchain on a Linux target?

I'm actually interested in getting Swift to work on Linux, so that
would be a good path forward, no?

I'd be glad also to have some pointers on how to build & test Swift
programs on Linux (or even write up if there isn't anything yet).

cheers,
--renato