[cfe-dev] General query : Alpha security checkers and taint analysis

Ashwin Ganesh via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 4 01:16:15 PDT 2016

1) I went through GenericTaintChecker.cpp and I am not sure which part of
the code propagates the taint.For example,
x = getchar();
char y = x + 1;
Which part of the code taints y? Every part of the code i see seem to deal
with functions.

2) Secondly , how do i use the debugging checkers like TainTesterChecker? I
can't quite seem to locate this in the documentation

Regards,
Ashwin