[cfe-dev] -fuse-ld with Mingw

Techmeology via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Apr 3 19:01:06 PDT 2016

Hello

I'm trying to use Clang to cross-compile for Windows on Linux. My system
linker (/usr/bin/ld) does not support the creation of Windows
executables, but I have another linker, x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld, that does.

There is logic in the Mingw support that prevents the use of any linker
that isn't called "ld" or "lld" which prevents me from using
x86_64-w64-mingw32-ld unless I revert the commit. This logic is added by
r253161 (4f60e73bd8c2ee40ef6d419e15860bfbfba4c619 in git). According to
the commit message, this was suggested by Filipe Cabecinhas.
Unfortunately, I don't have an email address, so I can't cc this
developer, however: would it be possible to revert this commit, as it
impedes the cross-compilation use case?

Many Thanks