[cfe-dev] question about fused multiply add and Clang GNU modes

Hal Finkel via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 21 05:37:50 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

As someone who helped review the patches, I can assure you that we do support the pragmas. They work better than the command-line flags (for the reasons I pointed out in my previous e-mail). We don't track the C-level expressions in the IR, but Clang will directly form @llvm.fmuladd intrinsics where allowed. CodeGen then converts these into FMA nodes, or expands them into ADD + MUL depending on target hooks.

 -Hal

> Cheers.
>
> Tim.

Hal Finkel