[cfe-dev] Linking to libclangStaticAnalyzer out-of-tree

David Chisnall via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 10 03:04:54 PDT 2015

On 10 Sep 2015, at 10:58, Manuel Klimek via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> We have clang-tidy. Have you seen that? It allows to implement your own AST based checks, and comes with analyzer checks out of the box.

It would help to have some easy-to-find information about where clang-tidy lives:

The documentation (http://clang.llvm.org/extra/clang-tidy/) says that it’s in llvm/tools/clang/tools/extra, but tools/extra doesn’t exist in the cfe repository, so presumably needs to be checked out separately.  Digging around in the repo, I find that there’s a top-level clang-tools-extra directory that should presumably be checked out into llvm/tools/clang/tools as extra, but I can’t find anything telling me this explicitly.

David