[cfe-dev] Using a enum type for a bitfield

Aaron Ballman via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 3 10:01:49 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:19 PM, mats petersson via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Of course, the spec also states that IDB should be documented, so
> technically, the clang compiler is not fulfilling the specifications in this
> respect.

Technically, every open source implementation is documenting its
implementation-defined behavior by definition: you can always look at
the source code to see what the definition of the behavior is. Nothing
states that the documentation must be spelled out in easy fashion for
the user. Obviously, we'd be happy to raise that bar a bit and have
more formal documentation were someone willing to provide it.

~Aaron