[cfe-dev] Windows and Clang

Joshua Gerrard via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 3 04:20:05 PDT 2015

Forgot to add cfe-dev back in

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joshua Gerrard <joshua.gerrard at roli.com>
Date: 3 September 2015 at 11:44
Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] Windows and Clang
To: Russell Wallace <russell.wallace at gmail.com>

Yes, that's pretty recent.

I *think* the compiler-rt stuff is needed because we pull information out
of clang whilst it's compiling apparently (I had to go and ask someone else
about this). I know that the project doesn't compile without it.

As for what's going wrong ...

*Release:*
- sometimes it crashes outright with nothing to give us an idea of why, the
diagnostics we get back are in a different order every time, even when the
number of threads is set to 1 in our project, and all other sorts of random
things that scream undefined behaviour with no clue as to where it is.

*Debug:*
- Windows headers are throwing errors out, even though the MSVC
compatibility flags and such are set as follows:

        lo.MSVCCompat = true;
        lo.MSCompatibilityVersion = clang::LangOptions::MSVC2013;
        lo.MicrosoftExt = true;
        lo.AsmBlocks = true;

Thank you for showing your build process too, after looking at it, it's
slightly different from what I've got here so that might be a place to
start. I'll do that now!

Merci,

Joshua