[cfe-dev] Windows and Clang

Russell Wallace via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 3 03:25:01 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Joshua Gerrard <joshua.gerrard at roli.com>
wrote:

> I'm using Visual Studio 2013 (just because we suppose it'll be better
> tested etc) with revision 245761 of clang, compiler-rt and llvm. I'm also
> using the ORC JIT engine to compile the C++ code.

Current revision seems to be 246... so that's pretty recent, right?

Is there a reason you need to use compiler-rt?

The errors we're getting are non-deterministic, which is what is making it
> so hard to figure out.

As in, crashes due to stray pointers?

Are you building the release from source, and if so, what cmake flags are

Yes. https://github.com/russellw/ayane/blob/master/build-clang.bat

> Any other things I should know about that you use to build your project?

Current project build procedure:

if "%VCINSTALLDIR%"=="" call "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 14.0\VC\vcvarsall" x64
cl /Fea /I\llvm\build\include /I\llvm\include /I\mpir /MP /MTd *.cpp
\llvm\build\Debug\lib\*.lib
\mpir\build.vc14\lib_mpir_core2\x64\Debug\mpir.lib setargv.obj