[cfe-dev] How to use clang and llvm for JIT, preferably via the C API

David Chisnall via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 1 02:35:25 PDT 2015

On 31 Aug 2015, at 22:02, Lang Hames via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> As far as I know libclang doesn't provide an API for code generation (though I would double-check this on clang-dev).

It doesn’t, but the ability to drive LLVM IR and object code generation is pretty close to the top of the list of requested features.  Having the ability to produce the LLVM C API’s wrapper of a Module (rather than on disk bitcode) would be relatively easy, but no one wanting such a thing has yet sent patches.

Short version: Patches welcome.  I’d be very happy to review such patches.

David