[cfe-dev] [analyzer] Developing forwards compatible tools using the new bug identification hash

Sean Eveson via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 30 03:02:08 PDT 2015

Hi all,

We are working on tools that use the new bug identification hash, added in
r251011, for bug suppression. The current hash is labelled in the plist
file as “issue_hash_content_of_line_in_context”. There seems to be no way
to predict the names of hashes in future versions.

Our products that use the bug identification are on a different release
schedule to our clang compiler. These tools will not be able to take
advantage of new hashes, unless they have a way to understand the future
hash names. Is there a way we can make the tools forwards compatible?

Regards,
Sean Eveson
SN Systems - Sony Computer Entertainment Group