[cfe-dev] Small patches to allow fully independent clang/llvm/compiler-rt/libc++

Eric Christopher via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 15 20:48:22 PDT 2015

FWIW we've gone over this quite a bit in the past, see:

http://clang.llvm.org/UniversalDriver.html

That said I like the idea of a configuration file that can be passed on the
command line (or possibly) compiled in for a target. It should represent
things that can be overridden by command line option. This overlaps with
the stuff that Renato has talked about as well. For the time being command
line options are a good way of solving this and possibly just taking a
configurable response file could work for "use these options on every
compile". I'd want to see what it looks like, but could be an incremental
start.

-eric